The church of “S. Maria del Soccorso” (Saint Mary of the Succour) or so called the “Chiesa della Riforma” (Church of the Reformation), annexed to the Dominican convent (later the Reformed Franciscans Convent), dates back to the sixteenth century, having been built in 1510, date printed on the façade on the right of the rose window.
Welcome to the Cathedral Basilica of Crotone, named after the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary and under the protection of Saint Dionysus. The present structure is located in the square from which you can access the historical centre, from where once there was the door of the surrounding walls from which one could enter the town. On the right side of the façade of the Cathedral there is the bell tower, structured on two levels and covered by a vault. The perspective drawing has maintained its neo-renaissance layout, given to it at the of the 19th Century.
The church of the Immacolata is a church located in the historic centre of Crotone in Piazza Immacolata. The first version of the building was built in the sixteenth century. After the destruction of the church, the present building was erected in the eighteenth century according to the neoclassical style then in vogue.
Situated nearby the “Piscaria” area in the lower part of Crotone’s old town, the church, dedicated to St. Mary, was originally a mere benefice and therefore named after the name of the founder of the Protospathari family, who built it during the XVI century.
In the upper part of Crotone’s old town, in the square named “Castello” (Castle) where the medieval entrance to the sixteenth century stronghold is found, one can see the church dedicated to the Holy Saviour.
Isola Capo Rizzuto, The Village and the Church of San Marco
In the historical center of Isola Capo Rizzuto it is still possible to see important remains of the feudal castle built and enlarged by the Neapolitan feudal Lord Giovanni Antonio Ricca, Lord of the Island from 1513 to 1555.
Archaeological finds recall the presence of a sacred building from Magna Graecia located in this area, and around the year 1000 the presence of a rural sanctuary of Greek rite then dedicated to St. Anne, patroness of motherhood, women in labor, and fertility.
Isola Capo Rizzuto, Church of the Virgin of the Assumption or Ad Nives
The former Cathedral of Isola di Capo Rizzuto, dedicated to the Virgin of the Assumption or Ad Nives, rises from the outside of the 16th Century walls that circumscribe the urban nucleus of Isola, constructed in the course of the 16th Century by Giovanni Antonio Ricca, lord of the place.
Le Castella, The Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary Church
The Church of la Visitazione della Beata Vergine Maria (the Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary), located in the center of Le Castella, has a gable roof, a linear façade and a finely sculpted stone portal,